Talk

Advanced search

Sure signal problems...

(9 Posts)
daimbardiva Mon 15-Oct-12 10:40:26

I've had a vodafone sure signal for a couple of years and it's always worked fine. However, I've had no mobile signal for 4 days now, and on phoning Vodafone this morning they said it was because I'd recenlty upgraded (which it's not as it was working for the first few days I had my new phone) and advised me to re-register. However on Vodafone's eforum, thousands of people are apparently having the same problem. It seems pretty shoddy to me that they didn't come clean about this on the phone. Has anyone else know anything about this??

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 15-Oct-12 12:46:27

My SureSignal box often stops working for no reason whatsoever. Have you tried pressing and holding the little black button in, just on the side above the router cable? Sometimes it resets it. Or pull the power cable out for ten seconds.

I had no signal for days once. Kept ringing, waiting on hold, getting through to a foreign person who didn't understand me because I wasn't following their script and I lost my temper. They kept giving me different bullshit about why it wouldn't work and I kept telling them it had just completely died. Finally got through to a lovely english lady in the complaints dept, I think, who not only understood me but promised to send me a new box.

Vodafone and all their products and most of their call centre staff are rubbish. Unfortunately I don't think they are alone in that. All mobile operators are a pain in the arse.

I fel your pain. Good luck.

daimbardiva Mon 15-Oct-12 16:40:42

Yes, I've tried resetting/unplugging/replugging/rebooting my router...all to no avail.

I'm going away for a couple of days so will wait till then to see if the problem's been fixed and if not will be spending asa much time as it takes on the phone to get this fixed.

~I've just upgraded with the plan of using my unlimited calls etc to cut down on landline costs, but my phone is next to useless without the sure signal sad

shopafrolic Mon 15-Oct-12 16:47:58

Vodafone bought out a new SureSignal box recently. We had the old version - it was awful and never worked properly. Touch wood we've had no problems with the new one. I'd call Vodafone and ask them for a replacement box and see if that solves the problem. I always speak to the team who work on the 'I'm considering leaving Vodafone' option - when I pointed out that if I had a working SureSignal then I'd make more calls they seemed to be much more helpful.
Hope this helps.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 15-Oct-12 20:02:19

I didn't know there was a new box. hmm

They kept that quiet.

Next time mine plays up I might mention it.

shopafrolic Mon 15-Oct-12 21:39:53

New one
shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-accessories/vodafone-sure-signal

TariffHound Tue 16-Oct-12 15:56:35

Lots of people seem to be having problems with Sure Signal at the moment. There seems to be a technical fault at Voda's end.
Here's a report on the latest:
www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/15/sure_signal/

daimbardiva Thu 18-Oct-12 19:47:47

Yes, there has been a tech fault, but they kept it very quiet. My SS is now working again - I had to get them to resync it (whatever that is) and then reset it by pressing the reset button, holding it till all the lights came on, unplugging the power and plugging it back in (whilst still holding the reset button down) and then waiting till the lights came on again.

Then hey presto an hour later it started working again.

Was without mobile reception for a week tho, which wasn't great!

TariffHound Fri 19-Oct-12 09:26:34

Great to hear it's working again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now