Talk

Advanced search

I have a video file ending .MOV; can I share this with family/friends?

(9 Posts)
KatyMac Mon 15-Oct-12 07:46:10

DD was in a talent show; she won!

I videoed it on our (ordinary) camera, then downloaded it to out computer

Obviously I don't want it plastered all over Youtube; but I would like to share it with friends and family

So can I with this sort of file?

Do I need to do anything to it?

Help; totally gormless techno-phobe here Oh and DD does want it plastered over the whole of youtube & probably facebook as well

chocoluvva Mon 15-Oct-12 14:12:01

You can burn it on to a CD - (but don't ask me how- sorry).
Semi-bumping for you really.

KatyMac Mon 15-Oct-12 17:13:58

Woo-hoo!

I managed to get it on to you-tube!!

I am not a complete techno-phobe apparently

KatyMac Mon 15-Oct-12 17:15:05

Sorry chocoluvva thanks for the bump & I worked it out

chocoluvva Tue 16-Oct-12 09:30:55

grin
This thread has given me a good laugh;
OP - how do I X?
Poster - all helpful and eager, you do Y, but I don't know how.
OP - I've done it - I'm not a complete ignoramus after all, (by implication - unlike the poster)!
Glad you got it onto YouTube - Well done. (DH is an IT expert, which is great for our household but absolutely rubbish for my IT skills development)

KatyMac Tue 16-Oct-12 10:03:14

Now that's not true - I called myself a "totally gormless techno-phobe" in my opening post.....nothing to do with you at all wink

chocoluvva Tue 16-Oct-12 12:32:31

Aww. I still feel a bit silly though - my advice was way off the mark and you probably know how to burn stuff on to a disk and it turns out I'm paranoid grin
Hope your rellies are enjoying the footage.
Congratulations to your DD. (I was once very excited when my DD was aked to demonstrate how to skip to the rest of the class. MY DD...... sigh!)

KatyMac Tue 16-Oct-12 12:49:42

I sent you a very small pressie wink

NetworkGuy Tue 16-Oct-12 15:32:26

If anyone has a problem making a .MOV work, there's a free player called VLC available on most home PC platforms that should cope.

PS "Well done" to your DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now