Talk

Advanced search

Help, dropped iPhone 4 in cup of tea last night

(9 Posts)
Haemadoots Sun 14-Oct-12 12:28:35

It's doomed isn't it sad, it's been in rice over night now sitting on radiator sadsadsad

SoupDragon Sun 14-Oct-12 12:29:46

It needs to sit in that rice for a good few days I believe.

kellestar Sun 14-Oct-12 12:46:46

agree rice it for a few days, a friend did this recently and she was very dubious, I think she did four days in rice.

notapizzaeater Sun 14-Oct-12 13:08:52

I dropped mine in clean loo - popped it in rice and stuck it in airing cupboard - took about 36 hours and was fine .... Ds was fascinated about the rice turning blue from the blue loo cleaning stuff !!

Llareggub Sun 14-Oct-12 13:11:25

Mine was fine after going down the loo too. In fact the rice did the most damage; a grain got into the hole where the headphones go and it took me ages to get it out.

thereinmadnesslies Sun 14-Oct-12 13:17:55

I dropped mine in coffee. I left it in a bag of rice in the airing cupboard (removed SIM first) for five days and it's still working fine 8 m on

Haemadoots Sun 14-Oct-12 21:02:32

It's in a sealed box of rice on the radiator, fingers crossed it works, have decided wine might be safer than tea tonight grin

pumpkinsweetie Sun 14-Oct-12 21:04:06

Glad i came across this thread as ive been very near to accidently dunking my phone.
Now i know for future reference, rice is the way to go.
Hope it works op.

Haemadoots Mon 15-Oct-12 20:49:15

It's still dead sadhave taken it to a repair shop to see if he can clean it and dry it out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now