Talk

Advanced search

Please talk to me about buying an ipod Touch bearing in mind they are about to release a new one.

(7 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Fri 12-Oct-12 14:41:20

DD has been saving up to buy one and we thought we might pay 'the balance' so that she can have one for her birthday or Xmas.

The trouble is the next generation is due to be released soon but its loads more expensive so she is very unlikely to get one of those.

However a lot of shops don't seem to have the current 4th gen ones in stock any more, presumably in preparation for the new ones??

Have we missed the boat in buying one or will there be some good deals on them before they release the new ones?

Are the 4th gen ones likely to sell out soon and therefore only the 5th gen ones be available?

Any ideas or any other thoughts?

Furball Sat 13-Oct-12 08:36:48

YooHoo! Missed you last night me lovely - Hope you are feeling better today smile

I know nuffing about nuffing apple wise - but Tesco have the Touch 16gb for £169 and 32gb for £199 and have a £10 TD-MXTN - (which is from their home page)

this page is interesting about it all

and I won't mention the Ipad2 for the equation.......grin

Furball Sat 13-Oct-12 08:37:28

meant have a £10 off voucher with that code

NorbertDentressangle Sat 13-Oct-12 09:42:45

Hiya furball -just emailed you before logging on here. Feeling better at the moment thanks (fingers crossed it continues!)

Blimey that link is a bit technical -might go back and read it after a coffee! It seems to be saying though that the new Touch is basically exactly the same inside, just a bigger screen and in pretty colours.

Thanks for the code !

Furball Sat 13-Oct-12 19:51:08

smile glad you're feeling better

also noticed that amazon do a 8gb for £130, but not sure that is big enough?

heymammy Sun 14-Oct-12 20:18:40

Hi Norbert, apple website have refurbed iPod touches 4th gen for £129, that's with 8 gb I think. Worth taking a look, I've received a couple for my DDs for Xmas and they look amazing!

store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod

NorbertDentressangle Sun 14-Oct-12 20:31:32

Thanks but I've decided to go for the Tesco one in the end as its £10 off, plus via Quidco there was 4.5% cashback and we used our Tesco credit card so we get clubcard points too!

That means we get the 16gb for basically what an 8gb would have cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now