Talk

Advanced search

How do I take a screen print of FB chat/messages?

(7 Posts)
Shakeyshakes Thu 04-Oct-12 20:37:13

I need to take a screen print of some private messages and send them in an email. I am not at all IT savvy.

Please can someone tell me how to take a screen print and send it in an email.

I was thinking of copying and pasting it onto a word document then sending it as an attachment.

tribpot Thu 04-Oct-12 20:39:38

This is on a Windows laptop, or a Mac?

I would imagine copy and paste into a Word doc would be fine - it depends whether just the text is sufficient or whether you need it to look like it does on the Facebook page.

ceeveebee Thu 04-Oct-12 20:43:07

What are you using, a PC, an iPad?

On a PC you press a button called 'prt sc', sonetimes you have to press Ctrl at the same time. Then open word and hit paste. I think this is right, rarely use a PC now

On iPad you press the power and home button at same time and you should find an image in your photos.

BettySuarez Thu 04-Oct-12 20:45:31

There should be a button on your laptop usually up top where the function keys are that says Prt Scr (or similar)

Just press that and it will capture the entire view of your screen so make sure the browser window is as large as possible and that all other stuff if shut down

Then open up email message and press CTRL V to drop the image in

OR you can capture the image if viewing from iPhone or iPad by pressing the off button and the big button at bottom (the dimple one grin) at the same time

Is it a juicy conversation?

Shakeyshakes Thu 04-Oct-12 23:02:06

Its a windows (old) laptop am using Explorer.

Sadly no not a juicy convo - unless you are 14yo. Totally fed up tonight sad.

School need it as evidence.

Shakeyshakes Thu 04-Oct-12 23:04:02

Thank you for your tips and help. Have now drank too much wine to get over my traumatic evening of revelations!

Will attempt it tomorrow.

ChristmasKate Thu 04-Oct-12 23:08:38

Do you have word? Print screen button top right hand corner on laptop and then paste into word document.

Hope evrything is ok sad

iPad one is new to me and wish I had known it before blocking a Skype bully on DDs iPad tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now