Talk

Advanced search

I-Pad or I-Pad 2 what is the difference?

(6 Posts)
rainbowriver Thu 04-Oct-12 16:37:29

And is it worth paying the extra for Apple?

Are the other tablets any good?

Thanks

RR

niceguy2 Thu 04-Oct-12 19:01:02

ipad (1) is obviously the original.

ipad 2 is faster, slimmer and you can get the magnetic flappy front cover for it.

ipad 3 is basically an ipad 2 with a snazzier display which 99% of the time you won't see the difference. Not unless you REALLY look for it. It's also heavier as a result of the bigger battery they had to shoehorn in to power the screen. Oh and also as a result it takes much longer to charge.

Other tablets....the Nexus 7 seems to get a lot of publicity but a friend of mine was saying today he returned his because he found it sluggish.

The only other non-ipad I'd personally consider is the Transformer Prime but given the price I'd probably just get an ipad.

Rumour has it though that Apple are releasing an ipad mini soon. No idea if it's true though.

Confused yet? lol

VivaLeBeaver Thu 04-Oct-12 19:22:18

Ipad 2 is imho better than the new ipad unless you are a real film geek. Ipad2 is lighter, has better battery life.

Yes its worth paying more for Apple, other tablets not as good. And I'm no major Apple fan in general. Happy with an Android phone but love my ipad.

NetworkGuy Fri 05-Oct-12 11:42:24

Very happy with an Archos 70 tablet that cost 100 quid in December. Not running latest version of Android but works well.

Plug in HDMI cable to put tablet output onto 42" TV, or put internet radio into hi-fi via 3.5mm (ie standard headphone) socket.

Not a 3G device but my 50 quid Android phone can work as wi-fi hotspot so have taken it out with me on train.

This post made via Android smile

lljkk Fri 05-Oct-12 14:07:32

No inbuilt camera with Ipad1, that was deal breaker for us.

rainbowriver Fri 05-Oct-12 21:05:23

Thank you everyone that's brilliant!

I think I will go for the Ipad 2

RR

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now