Talk

Advanced search

IOS6 update has frozen my hotmail accounts...

(23 Posts)
CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 14:05:39

What do I do? I have my hotmail accounts set up on my iPhone 4, (not S, just 4), and have just updated the IOS thingy. (Very technical, me...)

I asked for the boring Apple agreement to be emailed to me, and as soon as I opened the first email from them, my mailbox froze.

I can do everything else on my phone I could before, but it won't go back to inboxes, it won't scroll the agreement down the page, it won't do ANYTHING!

I did accidentally click on a link in the email or a button at the bottom and it flashed up with "do you want to install I dictionary and I clicked ask me later/no or whatever, and that was when the mailboxes froze.

Can anyone help me?

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 14:56:43

Heeeelp!

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 16:24:15

Please help me! I have even tried deleting the hotmail accounts and re adding them, and it's still frozen.

Grrrr. Stoopid phone!

Have you tried restarting the phone by holding the round home button and off button down at the same time until the apple symbol comes on? That often helps when things freeze or don't work right for me! I have a 3GS and am not sure it will cope with the iOS6, so haven't updated it yet. You could also delete the email from a computer so it disappears from the iPhone too.

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:19:06

It has something at the top when I go into my mailboxes :

*Orphaned

Is all I can see.

Now I DID notice something else a bit hinky, to channel Abs from NCIS, at the time this happened.

The bit near the signal bar that normally reads 'Orange', or 'T-Mobile' said EE.

And my ex reminded me that Orange will be changing to EE or EEE soon. Could that be anything to do with it?

What has made my email go frozen?!

I can't delete the email from my computer - I have hospitals etc email me.

PinkChampagneandStrawberries Sat 29-Sep-12 20:20:47

Try deleting your email accounts from the phone then registering it back on

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:20:59

Pants. Forgot about bolding.

The bit at the top of my mailbox when I click on it has three stars (can't type them all it does is bold the middle one) then the word Orphaned.

confused

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:21:16

Tried that, pink. Nada.

Goldensunnydays81 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:21:41

Have you doubled clicked and deleted all your apps that are kind of hidden my email sometimes freezes when I have too many apps running in the background

WineGless Sat 29-Sep-12 20:22:09

Can't help re emails but Orange has just changed so shows EE n

WineGless Sat 29-Sep-12 20:22:25

Can't help re emails but Orange has just changed so shows EE now

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:22:45

Tried turning the mailboxes off one at a time, then on one at a time. Didn't help.

Now the little icon on the main screen is telling me I have 9 emails, but when I press the icon, no messages show up. confused

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:23:48

Thing is, it's showing as Orange again now...

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:24:15

Apps that are sort of hidden??

You've lost me there.

PinkChampagneandStrawberries Sat 29-Sep-12 20:27:14

Did you actually delete the account or just put it off and then on?

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:32:42

I went into settings and deleted it. It was gone from the phone. I then had to go into add account and put it back on there IYSWIM. I did that with both of them.

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:39:20

Right. Just fiddled with my carrier settings, and turned Automatic off then on again.

It's now showing at the top as EE.

I then deleted both email addresses, then put them back on, again.

Now it says Inbox at the top, and I can SEE my unread messages, but the page is frozen, won't scroll down, won't open any mails, won't do anything when I click on the 'all mailboxes' arrow.

More and more confused now. hmm

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:40:34

Not the 'all mailboxes' arrow - the Hotmail arrow.

I am getting more and more annoyed with my phone...

PinkChampagneandStrawberries Sat 29-Sep-12 20:41:15

Ok sorry have no idea then, have you tried plugging in to ITunes?

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 20:43:43

Never done iTunes on this phone, iTunes is empty. It was on my todo list, to get some music on here, but not hot around to it. So when I click on the iTunes icon, it just says something like 'no content'.

squishyotter Sat 29-Sep-12 20:44:44

Did you restart the phone after deleting the email accounts? If you didn't, try deleting them again, then restart. Then re-add them back in.

Goldensunnydays81 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:49:06

If you double click the home button then all your apps that you have been using come up along the bottom hold one of them down and and a delete button will come up delete them all from here and then try?
Don't know if that makes sense??

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sun 30-Sep-12 15:13:11

For some reason, it sorted this issue out by itself and the emails started working normally at about 3am. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now