Talk

Advanced search

Trouble with iTunes store. runtime error.

(6 Posts)
iknowwho Tue 25-Sep-12 14:45:11

I have tried buying music on the itunes store as I have done countless times before. I have put the name of the artist that I am looking for in the box and a message comes up saying 'runtime error R6025 pure virtual function call.'

What does this mean and how can I correct it?
I've never seen it before today.

WildSue Tue 25-Sep-12 15:07:25

The only fix I've found is to open iTunes as administrator. Right click desktop shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

iknowwho Tue 25-Sep-12 16:58:54

Hmmmm
I've tried that suggestion but it hasn't worked.

WildSue Wed 26-Sep-12 10:22:59

Have you tried uninstalling iTunes then re-installing it ? That should clear out any problems in the registry. Let me know how you get on.

iknowwho Wed 26-Sep-12 11:09:29

I haven't done that yet.
I'm a bit nervous about losing stuff as I lost just over a 1000 songs last year when we transfered itunes on to an external hard drive and then re installed into a new lap top.

I don't like messing about if I can help it!! grin

WildSue Fri 28-Sep-12 14:59:06

I can understand your reluctance, but it sounds as though the last time you put your iTunes library somewhere that iTunes didn't recognise, hence it appears as though you've lost them. If you just un-install iTunes it won't affect your data, so when you re-install, it will all just magically re-appear - hopefully with your horrible error message gone too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now