Talk

Advanced search

iPad 2 or 3rd generation

(9 Posts)
puggirl Mon 24-Sep-12 22:26:53

I am covetting the iPads and hoping to treat myself shortly ( have even borrowing DP's laptop for too long). I am nor hugely technical (not at all really) but want it for Internet/photos/ books/ movies on holiday etc.

Please can you recommend what would be best to get? I feel completely out of my depth with the GB size and whether to get the 2 or spend more and get the 3rd gen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 24-Sep-12 22:29:10

I have the 2, my brother has the 3. Apart from the screen, which is no biggy really, there's nothing in it. I'd get more storage as a priority.

PoohBearsHole Mon 24-Sep-12 22:30:43

I bought a 2 nd gen, now that I spend a fair amount of time on eBay perhaps the better photos would have been good, but I went for more gb and less photo quality. I love it all the same except for serious mn threads as the app doesn't do customising the way a normal laptop does, but can be done via safari, tis more to do with the mn app though than anything else and I do love my iPad 2

BabylonPI Mon 24-Sep-12 22:32:18

I want one desperately grin

Any would do for me smile

tootssweet Tue 25-Sep-12 08:14:37

I am having same dilemma! Had a big birthday recently & family all chipped into iPad fund. I have enough for a 2 but is a 3 worth the extra £60ish quid? Also can only really afford 16gb should I hold off & save up for a 32gb (which would take ages & would really like one now!)
Please help wise MNers!! Apologies for hijack op

techdunce Tue 25-Sep-12 11:19:04

I'd go for the biggest amount of storage you can afford - I have a 32 gb wifi ipad2 and it's amazing how quickly you can fill it up - if I ever upgrade it I'll go for 64gb version.

however I love, love, love my ipad2, use it all the time and have not felt the need to upgrade to the new one (even if I could afford it ...)

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Tue 25-Sep-12 19:08:16

Have you considered one of the Android tablets? They are all cheaper than iPads for equivalent specifications and most have SD card slots so you don't have to worry about shelling out for internal storage. As a guide on memory costings Apple will charge you around £100 for an additional 32GB, whereas a 32GB SD card can be purchased for around £12-15! The most recent android tablets are just as stylish and much more user friendly as well!

BabylonPI Tue 25-Sep-12 23:28:33

Yes an android tablet would do for me grin

OstrichSized Wed 26-Sep-12 11:45:16

I just ordered an ipad3. I hummed and hawed over the extra money for a newer one. The decider for me was down to planned obsolensce (sp?). I have a 1st gen iPod touch. I've been left behind now. Upgrades to the iOS haven't happened for years. It works fine but I can't get anymore apps on it.

I don't know how long it'll be before ipad2 or 3 will be included in the future but I can afford a newer one so I'm hedging my bets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now