Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know anything about bowers and Wilkins MTs?

(9 Posts)
Softlysoftly Mon 24-Sep-12 19:10:39

I have a cinema system to sell but don't know how to check its the right version when I list it?

I have images and a serial number, could anyone help?

MrAnchovy Mon 24-Sep-12 19:27:39

Yeah, they're rubbish but as I'm a generous man I'll take them off your hands for £100 wink

The satellites are probably marked with a model number like M-1 and the sub ASW something, or if its PV something I'll up it to £200 wink. Is there a centre unit too?

MrAnchovy Mon 24-Sep-12 22:27:35

(that was intended to be a genuine offer of help, the attempt at humour doesn't seem to have come off blush)

Softlysoftly Mon 24-Sep-12 22:38:08

Lol! There are 4 speakers on stands, a little rectangular speaker and a big bloody heavy round thing, how's that for a techy description?!

Ive looked and I think it's an MT something from the website but there are a few versions and I dont want to list it wrong or guess the value wrong!

I have a serial no on them but no other markings. If I posted a pic would you be able to tell?

Just for clarity my sister gave them to me, they were her ex not so D H, he left them behind, she wanted rid so I said i'd sell them for her.

Softlysoftly Mon 24-Sep-12 22:39:06

Ps you so might have got away with the £100 then, gave yourself away grin

Softlysoftly Mon 24-Sep-12 22:49:40

Ok they look like this

MrAnchovy Mon 24-Sep-12 23:25:41

That's some serious kit, top of the B&W MT (Mini Theatre) range.

The 5 satellite speakers should all be M-1s, the little rectangular speaker is actually the same as the ones on stands just turned on its side.

The subwoofer is either a PV1 which looks like this in which case the whole kit was sold as an MT30 or the updated PV1D which looks like this with a digital control panel built in to the ring around the outside and is supplied with updated M-1 satellites as the MT60D which currently retails for a cool £2k.

You don't see many of these on ebay.

MrAnchovy Mon 24-Sep-12 23:35:23

Because all of these items are available separately it is probably worth checking the serial numbers with B&W in case you have the updated M-1s with the older PV1 - contact details here. They should also advise you of a local dealer who might help you with a valuation although if you mention ebay he'll probably cry.

Softlysoftly Mon 24-Sep-12 23:56:01

Bloody hell, I'll check for the control panel in the morning they are in the garage, the unalarmed road facing garage <<panics>>.

I'll give B&W a call thank you and may steer clear of eBay. I luff my exBIL but he went and replaced all this for his new gaff and dumped this lot with dsis so he is clearly nuts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now