Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is it that I want? Suggestions please...

(6 Posts)
solidgoldbrass Sun 23-Sep-12 08:30:41

I am deeply ungeeky but I am pretty sure that what I want does exist, so am looking for recommendations.

The crucial factor is that it should be something that there is at least one better version of, so most people have upgraded past it and therefore it will be relatively cheap to pick up second hand.

I want a smallish laptop or even a phone with a decent keyboard, that will connect to the internet wirelessly (or with a dongle) and doesn't wieght too much. It doesn't need a huge memory for pix as I plan to use it mainly for writing on. What's out there?

SunWukong Sun 23-Sep-12 10:17:46

Asus transformer?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 23-Sep-12 17:10:54

Have you a price in mind?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 23-Sep-12 17:13:35

Dell 420 is light for a "full" laptop (13") and is about £120 on eBay. But if you need Internet and don't have it at home, it might be expensive tO have a mobile dongle compared to a phone contract with data allowance.

solidgoldbrass Sun 23-Sep-12 23:28:36

I already have an adequate laptop but it's a bit big and the battery life is a bit pathetic. I want something little and lightweight but functional.

And I want it as cheap as possible which is why I am looking for recommendations of types that people liked a couple of years ago, which are likely still to work, but which have been superceded by slightly better ones in prettier colours or whatever, so the functional ones are being offloaded cheaply.
THank you DoS, will have a look at a Dell 420. Any more suggestions, anyone?

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Tue 25-Sep-12 18:58:57

Depends how small you want to go, but I have an Acer Aspire One netbook, about a year old now, was £200 then, so I imagine much cheaper now with the onset of the tablet era. It's not the most powerful thing in the world, but does the job for Internet browsing and general document creation. I have fairly big hands but don't have any trouble typing. Size wize I believe it's one of the thinner, lighter netbooks that were made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now