Talk

Advanced search

Anyone having problems with 3 network today?

(10 Posts)
Uberly Fri 08-Jun-12 20:53:08

Hope I've posted this in the right section?! Sorry if I haven't.

Anyway, DP can't connect to the 3 network today on his mobile. He can access the internet, but can't send or receive any texts or calls.

Wondered if anyone else was experiencing this today??

Ta smile

UKSky Sat 09-Jun-12 20:12:50

Nope been fine on my phone. Maybe a particular mast. I'm down on the south coast.

UKSky Sat 09-Jun-12 20:14:43

Oh and you can check here for any problems

www.three.co.uk/Support/Coverage

Uberly Sat 09-Jun-12 21:24:06

Thanks, Lancashire here. Checked the coverage thing before and said everything was ok. DP has just been in touch with some friends who live nearby and are with 3, they have also lost the network. Maybe something is going on with a local mast!

Thanks again UKSky smile

frenchvik Fri 15-Jun-12 15:45:00

Hi i am on 3 network in B31 area of birmingham anyone else having problems?

womblenz Tue 31-Jul-12 19:45:02

This is unrelated to the original message but seemed a good place to post. I am in Broadstone Poole dorset and despite 3s site saying reception is good, I cannot make a phone call in my house and broadband connection is slow. I am currently trying to change provider and 3 just makes it so difficult to unlock your phone to chnage. I would recommend avoiding 3 if you want any kind of service

NetworkGuy Tue 31-Jul-12 20:11:59

Do you mean unlock your phone, or transfer your number ?
Do you mean customer service, or network service ?

Have had Three (using 15 GB internet traffic) for almost 4 years, 3+ in N Wales, with no problem. Using voice / text / internet on a new contract with them since March, again no problems. Sister also with Three and very happy.

Sorry to read you've had problems, womblenz.

Uberly Wed 01-Aug-12 15:14:10

Just to update (as this may be of help to others), with my first post there was no 3 signal although the website site that there was coverage and no problems.

I ended up going into my local 3 shop and they confirmed that there WERE several problems with local masts and they were trying to get out an engineer asap.

So,my lesson learnt is not to trust the "online" support (we almost sent the phone off for repairs after following its advice!) but to speak to people in your local branch!

NetworkGuy Wed 01-Aug-12 19:03:42

Thanks for that tip. Well worth knowing.

hendy84 Sat 17-Nov-12 10:33:21

Does anyone have any updated on the 3 network problems today 17/11/2012 as my 3G keeps crashing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now