Talk

Advanced search

had to reinstall iTunes, can I get my music back?

(7 Posts)
aleene Sun 23-Oct-11 14:04:44

After a virus my computer had to go back to factory settings. I downloaded itunes from the net but can't see how to get my music I had bought or loaded from CDs back on. Is there a way?

GrooveIsInTheFart Sun 23-Oct-11 14:09:07

Beg apple. It worked for me. Tell them you did back up your old library but it's broke/lost/stolen. They can only give you back whhats still avalible for sale and they do it only once!!! I lost over 1000 tracks and got 900& back after a pleading lengthy e mail to their customer support centre

GrooveIsInTheFart Sun 23-Oct-11 14:09:56

Only bought stuff from them

Daveschooks Sun 23-Oct-11 14:41:45

The stuff you bought from them should be downloadedable via a link somewhere on iTunes for purchased items. You may need to dig. Are you os5?

Otherwise you will have to suffer a lost weekend reloading CDs, but think of it as a good cull.

aleene Sun 23-Oct-11 15:03:08

os5? not sure what that is?
And how do you back stuff up?
I know I sound like I am a luddite blush

aleene Sun 23-Oct-11 15:09:24

success! I've got it all back! I clicked a link to search my computer for any music files and it all came back. grin grin

BadgersPaws Sun 23-Oct-11 17:05:18

"The stuff you bought from them should be downloadedable via a link somewhere on iTunes for purchased items. You may need to dig. Are you os5?'

It sounds like this is all sorted, but it's worth nothing that the link to get all your old purchases is a part of iTunes 10.5 which is available for both Windows and PCs. So even if you haven't got iOS 5 on your iOS gadget, or even if you're using iTunes without an iOS gadget, there's now a way to get all of your purchases from iTunes on your computer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now