Talk

Advanced search

I need to buy 3 netbooks/laptops or similar, what should I go for?

(2 Posts)
anonandlikeit Sat 22-Oct-11 19:04:39

They are for
ds1, secondary school age, very able so need something that will be good for homework, emailing, internet etc.
ds2, younger & disalbed but will need to be able to load some more specific software to help with school stuff.
my mum - a complete computer novice but wants to be able to email & skype family abroad & she has discovered the joys of facebook!

Is there one good buy that will meet all the above needs? Are there any good deals about at the moment? I need to try to keep the price down as mucha s possible. my brother/sister are chipping in for my mums present.

Any advice would be most welcome.

nannynick Sat 22-Oct-11 19:40:30

I would avoid netbooks given that you want to install specific software.
Find out what the requirements of the specific software are, as a new laptop may well come with Windows 7 which may not run older software.

My mum brought a pink dell laptop and finds that perfectly usable for her needs - Facebook, Email, Skype, viewing photos, that sort of thing.

I currently have a Dell after my Acer had a drive failure. Only reason I have a Dell is that it was what Tesco had early in the morning when I visited them and was in my price range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now