Talk

Advanced search

Adding friends on Facebook

(8 Posts)
QueenofWhatever Sun 16-Oct-11 12:44:54

i'm still struggling with the new settings on Facebook and am confused about adding friends. Can you see who you have sent friends requests to? I think I accidentally sent one to someone I don't actually know. To make it worse, I am slightly irrationally jealous of her as she went to a festival with a guy I like - I know, I'm a grown woman not a 15 year old.

My stalking activities have been seriously curtailed with the new settings, is it just me who finds this? Hopefully this isn't as weird as it sounds to me right now.

Squishylicious Sun 16-Oct-11 20:50:23

grin at stalking activities!!! I'm afraid I can't help, but thank you for making me laugh!!

popadop Sun 16-Oct-11 21:41:55

Where is says facebook.....top left on page, there is a small picture of a shadow looking two people click on that it should tell you.

If she adds you and you have changed your mind defriend her.

QueenofWhatever Mon 17-Oct-11 11:57:40

popadop when I check there, it just shows me the friend requests I've received, not the ones I've made. I'm pretty sure because I sent a friend request to someone yesterday afternoon (a RL friend this time) and it's not showing. The new settings (or maybe it's my iPad) mean the request is just sent without giving you a chance to add a message.

squishylicious surely I'm not the only one who indulges in a bit of light fb stalking? Or am I? Oh gawd, it's worse than I thought...

catsareevil Mon 17-Oct-11 12:00:49

If you go to that persons profile, in the top right hand corner it will say 'friend request sent', if you have sent one.

QueenofWhatever Mon 17-Oct-11 21:04:50

The good news is that catsareevil was right, the bad news is that I asked a complete stranger to be friends with me. Not surprisingly she has responded.

Squishylicious Sat 22-Oct-11 16:49:50

QueenofWhatever unfortunately you are not the only one... I think my guilt is what made me laugh so much!!

catsareevil Sat 22-Oct-11 16:59:57

The requests can be deleted. It doesnt stop the email that would have gone out with the request, but it does mean that it doesnt sit there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now