Talk

Advanced search

iPad syncing help

(4 Posts)
basildonbond Sat 15-Oct-11 09:11:47

I'm trying to sync my iPad to my new computer (old one got burgled, sob) but it's telling me that my iPad is already synced to another iTunes library and can only be synced to one library at a time. Its asking me if I want to go ahead and sync but that will erase everything on the iPad and replace with music etc from the current library - I don't want to do that do I?

I've signed into the apple ID which has most of my music etc on but the library appears to be empty, so I really don't want to do that do I...

What do I do to keep all my music, apps, photos and stuff?

I need to sync before I upgrade to ios5 and I really want to do that soon because I need the guardian app

Help!

basildonbond Sat 15-Oct-11 12:56:56

hopeful bump ...

Gigondas Sat 15-Oct-11 12:59:54

Can you transfer purchases to new computer ? When you plug it in and try to sync that should give you option. Not sure if will transfer Everything Thoygh. Alternatively look for iPod rip software on net (I have had to transfer purchase from an iPod but would imagine that same software exists for iPad).

BadgersPaws Sat 15-Oct-11 14:46:01

You don't have to sync the music library, there should be an option to manually manage the music on the device. That way music that isn't in your library won't get deleted from the iPad.

The downside of doing this is that music won't automatically appear on your iPad, you'll have to drag it over. The big upside is that you can also delete music from your iTunes without having to delete it from the iPad. If you have a lot of CDs copied into iTunes this can free up a lot of space.

But if you want to continue automatically syncing you iPad then you'll need some software to get the music off of it, and yes it does exist for an iPad. But the new version of iTunes should also be a big help here...

Upgrade iTunes on your computer, log into the store with your account and look for the new "Purchased" link. It should be in the main window not in the little list not he left hand side.

On my iTunes it appears on the right hand side near the top in a block called "Quick Links". Click on that and you should see everything you've ever bought and have the option of downloading it to your new machine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now