Talk

Advanced search

ipod problems with itunes?

(8 Posts)
noyouhavehadawee Wed 12-Oct-11 21:26:56

Please help me or tell me its just broken for a day or 2 and will work again tomorrow.... dd <shoot me now> waned steps album so being i tight arse i had onein the loft and copied it to itunes but baring in mind this is first time been in itunes for weeks everytime i click on something it just freezes and then i have to turn it off. I have ran malware tonight and deleted 2 infections and everythign is working spankingly just bllody itunes - tell me how to fix it please smile. I would be v grateful

StellaAndFries Wed 12-Oct-11 21:28:38

Mines the same, the new update was released at 6pm so I'm guessing it's sheer volume of people accessing iTunes.

noyouhavehadawee Wed 12-Oct-11 21:31:09

oh was there a new release blush my old will stil work though wont it? so if i leave it a few days we should be able to play again, dh shouted at me and said i had obviously upgraded it and infected the ocmputer which to be honest has utterly pissed me off as he has no idea about itunes anyway! Is your literally freezing as you click on a song then your fooked? at one point i thought it was ayching then it just stopped grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

StellaAndFries Wed 12-Oct-11 21:32:37

Yes it'll still work, mines just freezing intermittently, it was fine yesterday!

noyouhavehadawee Wed 12-Oct-11 21:33:15

Whats more i was bidding on a handbag and i missed out by £1 because i was perocuppies angry

noyouhavehadawee Wed 12-Oct-11 21:34:11

Thanks stella i wish id posted about 6.30pm - as it is i have peeeshed about on here all night now and steos were crap back then so why i am giving them air time now is beyond me confused

BadgersPaws Wed 12-Oct-11 22:01:47

The new upgrade shouldn't really have anything to do with this. The store might be running a touch slowly, but that shouldn't affect people with iTunes already installed, unless you do try and do an upgrade.

The old version will continue to work, however if there is a problem and it needs to be reinstalled then you may not be able to get that version, which might force you to the new version, and depending on how old your PC is it "might" have problems running it.

Is your malware scanner completely up to date? Do the most thorough scan with it that you can to make sure that you're clean.

Then reboot the machine.

And does iTunes now work?

Do you ever get any error messages or does it just get stuck?

There are some instructions for trouble shooting iTunes here, give the appropriate one a run through:
Windows XP - support.apple.com/kb/TS1421
Windows Vista & 7 -support.apple.com/kb/TS1717

noyouhavehadawee Wed 12-Oct-11 22:19:52

Hi, the box came up for me to install new version of itunes so i did and now i have come back to it its working hunky dory smile. Now by dd can sing Tradgedy on way to school - tradgedy all round! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now