Talk

Advanced search

How do I buy a website address please?

(4 Posts)
MaggieW Fri 07-Oct-11 16:37:11

As it says really, how do I go about buying a website address - where do I start please?

reallytired Fri 07-Oct-11 16:43:30

You buy a domain. There are lots of companies on the web which will help you with registering the domain. Just put "registering domain" into google. Companies will also sell you some space on a server to put your website.

Setting up the website is a bit more involved though. There are programmes like Dreamweaver to help with the html, or if you are clever you can write the HTML by hand.

DOLLYDAYDREAMER Sat 08-Oct-11 14:08:26

hi maggie - just go to 1and1.co.uk - you can buy a website domain name cheap - just a couple of pounds for 2 years - provided its not already taken - you can also make your own website easily either free for 1 page or cheap for up to 10 pages - you dont need any special software - the website builder programme is all included & is quite easy to use - longest part is thinking up what you want to say & loading up the pictures

Grevling Sat 08-Oct-11 22:40:07

Another vote for 1and1.co.uk as I use them. I've also used ukreg.co.uk who are very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now