Talk

Advanced search

Parental control on YouTube on iPad

(6 Posts)
TracyK Tue 04-Oct-11 19:58:42

is it poss? Ds has been watching angry birds videos on YouTube today and it seems to have linked onto some less than savoury ones. As in birds but not the feathered kind!
Can I put a control on it or am I destined to spend my afternoons watching angry birds with him policing it!

betabaker Wed 05-Oct-11 11:45:53

right at the bottom there's a safety link to choose to turn the safety mode on, which says it filters out 'potentially objectionable material'
Let's hope so!

TracyK Wed 05-Oct-11 18:10:43

Thanks Beta

Snackbag Wed 05-Oct-11 18:14:43

Where abouts is the safety link? Just went into YouTube through the iPad button, and couldn't see it?

betabaker Wed 05-Oct-11 18:29:15

Don't have an ipad but go right to the bottom of the website page and it's the last word on the right - Safety mode ON
maybe it's different on ipad - on my iphone it doesn't have this either. Can you let him watch but online, via safari, so you can set the control?

Snackbag Wed 05-Oct-11 18:35:08

Ah that's the problem - the iPad button can't be removed, and it doesn't have that feature (aaargh!) he knows where the iPad button is now, so I think chances of him watching through safari are slim..luckily it's just cbeebies clips at the moment, but it's only a matter of time.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now