Talk

Advanced search

I'd like a phone like an iPhone but isn't an iPhone, what's best on the market?

(8 Posts)
GlaikitFizzog Mon 03-Oct-11 14:33:39

Mobile phoneupgrade time! And I usually end up taking a phone that "will do" rather than what I want.

I like the idea of an iPhone, but DH had one and the phone function was rubbish. IS there anything out there that comes close function wise but is actually a good phone? I have an iPod touch anyway so having an iPhone would make that redundant.

Any suggestions?

I have an HTC Desire S. Good functionality and its android, so better than iphone in my opinion.

GlaikitFizzog Mon 03-Oct-11 16:46:35

How is the battery life on that Squirted? Is it a charge every night job or could you get 2 days out of it for average use?

BikeRunSki Mon 03-Oct-11 16:55:15

I have a Motorolla Defy. I chose it because it is splashproof, dustproof and drop proof (I have a 3yo). It has also turned out to be a good little phone. Charge every other day or so. DH is suitably impressed and he is a massive Apple snob.

GlaikitFizzog Mon 03-Oct-11 17:12:39

Hmm ok I have the Motorola Dext at the moment and I like it. I had issues with the battery life to start with, but once I updated the version it was much better. Also the Defy is a free upgrade grin

I usually get about three days between charges, unless listening to the radio, then it needs charged in the evening.

MsWeatherwax Mon 03-Oct-11 18:20:27

Samsung Galaxy S2, very good battery life.

StroppyDad Tue 04-Oct-11 10:42:35

If you want something that works well as a phone and with decent battery life, look at some of the Nokia smartphones. N8, C7, E6, E7 are the ones to look for.

They are a little unfashionable at the moment, but there are some good deals out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now