Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Iphone emergency! I think it's died...

(15 Posts)
KatieMiddleton Mon 03-Oct-11 13:15:46

sad It's an Iphone 3 and the screen has frozen on the passcode entry screen. I put the wrong pin in and then the right one and it's just frozen. None of the buttons work. Even the button on the side to turn the sound on and off does nothing.

I've tried turning it off but that won't work either. I've also taken the SIM out and still nothing.

The screen has now gone a bit darker but is still showing the passcode screen.

Bloody thing is fully charged so will take a while to power down... tell me it will be ok when that happens. Or what else to try.

<sobs>

bran Mon 03-Oct-11 13:19:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

planetpotty Mon 03-Oct-11 13:24:47

If you cant get it to work by the good old techie tap (off and on again). This is what I have recently done:

I Phone screen went all dull couldnt see screen
Went to apple shop who said backlight gone, out of waranty £80 please
Went to man in a little trailor in town £30 please.

The diagnostics were free from apple though so worth going in and finding out at the geek bar whats wrong with it first - I had to make appt as it was a Sat.

God im lost now without my I phone so glad it lives on grin

KatieMiddleton Mon 03-Oct-11 13:29:29

Yup I've tried holding down the off button. Nothing happens.

Can't get at battery or I'd have whipped it out and put it back again.

I am loathe to pay to have it fixed when it appears to be a fault with the phone. It just stopped working having been fine just before. It is out of warrenty but less than 16 months old. That said life is too short to get all Consumer Rights on Carphone Warehouse's arse. Even if I think the Sale of Goods Act would apply.

Thanks for replying. Honestly I think I'd rather give up a few toes than lose my iphone sad

Macdog Mon 03-Oct-11 13:32:11

Have you tried rebooting phone?
Hold down top off button and round home button together
Screen will go dark, then apple logo will reappear. Let go buttons when logo appears

planetpotty Mon 03-Oct-11 13:33:01

grin at the toes!!

I felt EXACTLY the same in the I-phone shop and phones 4u I was like so my contract is 24 mths phone waranty is 12 mths how the buggery bollocks am I supposed to use the connection to the network without a phone makes no sense to me hmm they all looked a bit like you're right but wadda you want me to do about it hmm. So ended up biting the bullet and paying for it.....took me about 2 weeks to part with the cash though!

KatieMiddleton Mon 03-Oct-11 13:35:03

oOOh! I've managed to get it to reboot! Thanks Macdog

Fingers crossed now...

KatieMiddleton Mon 03-Oct-11 13:36:20

Hurrah! It's working!

Thank you all!

<climbs down off the ledge>

MmeLindor. Mon 03-Oct-11 13:38:45

I was just coming on to say what MacDog did.

Glad it is working, I know that moment of horror.

planetpotty Mon 03-Oct-11 13:39:47

Very sadly I am genuinely happy for you.....I fear I am an iphone saddo and me and my iphone should get a room. Enjoy grin

nogoodusernamesleft Mon 03-Oct-11 13:41:16

Although it does sound like it's on its way out - you really should consider getting the new one when it comes out next week! wink

That's what I'm telling myself anyway! grin

JodieSwirlTapBuff Mon 03-Oct-11 13:42:45

Next time get an Android phone

HTH

grin

<runs away>

planetpotty Mon 03-Oct-11 13:44:33

Boooooooom!! (Planets head exploding!)

KatieMiddleton Mon 03-Oct-11 13:56:30

Yes that is a very good point nogood. The new one is coming out and this one is obviously very, very sick. Plus it's nearly my birthday and I've nearly finished my uni course.

And you wash your mouth out Jodie! grin

Macdog Mon 03-Oct-11 16:44:58

Yay! Glad it's working again gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now