Talk

Advanced search

Ipad users please help, am i being stupid?

(10 Posts)
Byeckerslike Thu 29-Sep-11 15:47:05

how do you get photos from your ipad onto your pc?
I have an adapter which you plug your sd card into from your camera and it transfers pics to your ipad, i have deleted them from my sd card now, but want them on my pc to print them.
Also, you can choose the option to print on the ipad but it wont find my printer? Does it have to be a special apple printer <probably>
I have had a look in the manual but it only tells me how to put photos from my pc to the ipad, not the other way round.
TIA

BadgersPaws Thu 29-Sep-11 16:14:31

The iPad should just work as a digital camera, this isn't something you'll do through iTunes. When you connect it to your computer do whatever you normally do to get at the photos.

The instructions here should help:
support.apple.com/kb/ht4083

niceguy2 Thu 29-Sep-11 16:21:41

Erm, this is probably not the news you want to hear but you shouldn't have deleted the photos from your SD card without putting them on your PC.

You can import your photos to the ipad but it doesn't really store a full size image. It only creates a little one which looks fine for your screen but won't look great if you are printing it out.

You can use a third party tool to see if you can access the smaller photos like this one: ipad computer transfer

Lastly yes, you can only print to Airprint compatible printers and last time i checked there were only about half a dozen, all made by HP. So its unlikely you have it but you can google to confirm.

BadgersPaws Thu 29-Sep-11 16:40:16

"You can import your photos to the ipad but it doesn't really store a full size image. It only creates a little one which looks fine for your screen but won't look great if you are printing it out."

Not true in this case, presuming that Byeckerslike has used something like this Apple gadget to import into the iPad from a card: store.apple.com/uk/product/MC531ZM/A

Using that should import the full sized original photo and all its data onto the iPad, and from there it can be imported onto a computer.

If you transfer photos onto an iOS device from a computer using iTunes then you get that resized image and can't then get the full photo off of it, but I don't think that that's what's happened here.

roarers Thu 29-Sep-11 18:11:24

While you can only print to a very limited set of printers from the iPad, once you've synced to your computer, you can print from there to whatever printer you normally use.

Sleepwhenidie Thu 29-Sep-11 18:26:27

Suggest you use a site like snapfish, upload pics you want printed and order, they are very quick to deliver and also pretty cheap. Next time also download to pc!

BadgersPaws Thu 29-Sep-11 19:43:40

"Suggest you use a site like snapfish, upload pics you want printed and order"

That's not going to help here.

There will be a way of getting whatever photos are on the iPad off onto a computer. And whether you then print via the computer or via snapfish you're going to get the same quality of output.

Byeckerslike Thu 29-Sep-11 20:05:28

Badgers, that is exactly the thing i have, the link you gave explains exactly how to do it too, thankyou for that.

Niceguy, no my printer is lexmark so def not compatible but if i can get them off it wont matter. Thanks all, will follow the instructions smile

chippy47 Thu 29-Sep-11 20:19:07

Email them to yourself from the iPad then download from email on the pc?

Istillfeelseventeen Thu 29-Sep-11 20:21:03

What chippy said

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now