Talk

Advanced search

Iphone 3 due for upgrade

(5 Posts)
Appuskidu Wed 28-Sep-11 13:01:14

I've had it for 2 years and have got it down to £25 a month which is great and I don't really want to pay any more. It's a 16GB and the only thing that's wrong with it is the battery life isn't as good as it was. I'd like a new phone and a cheaper monthly contract, though that's probably not possible!

I've looked online and can get an 8GB iphone 3 (free) with a basic data package for £18.50 a month or a refurbished 16GB iphone 4 for the same plus £100. If it's a refurbished phone-does that mean that it's old (like my current one) and the battery life won't be great?

Or-with talk of iphone 5s-is it worth hanging on (what will happen to my contract after 2 years-do I just carry on paying £25 a month on a rolling basis?) and seeing if the iphones4 come down in price?

bigscarymum Wed 28-Sep-11 13:08:34

You will carry on paying £25 unless you do something about it. If you look on moneysavingexpert there is a whole section on iPhone deals or at least there used to be. When my contract on my 3GS expires next month I plan to keep the phone, at least for a while and get a SIM only contract through someone like giff gaff. you may have to give a months notice, I'm not sure.

Appuskidu Wed 28-Sep-11 13:35:39

I've just phoned them! They've offered my £13.50 a month-100 minutes, umlimited text and 500mb data on a rolling contract-am v pleased!

Thank you for your reply smile

kid Wed 28-Sep-11 22:06:05

I'm in the same position but I want to get a new phone. I'm happy with my iPhone 3 but would like a newer, faster one if possible. I'll give them a call next month when I can actually upgrade (I think)

levantine Thu 29-Sep-11 10:56:59

OP who is your provider? I am in exactly the same situation and was offered £21.50 a month for a sim only contract

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now