Talk

Advanced search

Groupon!

(8 Posts)
confusedpixie Wed 28-Sep-11 11:17:03

How do I get myself removed?! I joined and unfortunately realised immediately what a flipping scam it was. After not finding any way to remove my account I contacted them via email and asked to have my account deleted and to be removed from their database.

Yesterday I received an email back saying that they had done this, yet this morning I could still log onto my account and I had five more emails from them! they have been sent straight to spam but I really regret signing up now!

How do I get off?!

EsmeMrsP Wed 28-Sep-11 13:26:56

I had the same problem. I temporarily 'solved it' be changing my email address to a fake one, that way I don't get the emails. Let's see if anyone comes up with a better solution!

confusedpixie Fri 30-Sep-11 16:47:36

I emailed back saying that I'd been told the problem had been fixed and hadn't and they then got back to me again explaining that it takes a day or so to remove you from the database hmm I haven't received anything since receiving the 2nd email and seem to be off of the system now.

I hate companies like this, you have to root around trying to find some way of contacting them to delete your account, why not just have a button in the account settings that says "delete account" like every decent company does?

saycheese Fri 30-Sep-11 16:49:04

how is it a scam? x

confusedpixie Fri 30-Sep-11 21:13:38

It's not so much a scam, wrong word usage there, just very bloody spammy and stupid. I couldn't sign up to anything without bugging my friends to join, they spam you constantly, none of their deals are actually any good and getting out of it is not made easy, I'm betting that those who aren't overly familiar with computers would just give up trying to get out of it because they don't tell you how to get off of their database to would continue to get spammed.

ihatethecold Sat 01-Oct-11 17:11:23

groupon is great, have had some brilliant meals/ excercise classes/massages using the vouchers,
They are not a scam. nobody has ever ripped me off,

ive only had 1 issue with not being able to contact a piano teacher after buying some lessons so groupon refunded me in 1 day.
i think the concept is a great idea!

amicissima Sat 01-Oct-11 19:41:52

How about blocking sender in your email program? (In Outlook Express it's in the 'message' menu.)

confusedpixie Sun 02-Oct-11 16:28:32

ihatethecold: I did say that I'd used the wrong word. The concept is great, but I'd rather go for a company who didn't constantly spam me tbh.

amicissima: Blocking them solves the problem of spam, but doesn't solve the fact that they still have your information on file. Which they may do even after you leave but I feel better having asked them to remove that information iyswim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now