Talk

Advanced search

Best speaker dock for ipad but also want to ideally play CDs on PC through it.

(9 Posts)
Lulworthblue Sun 18-Sep-11 16:51:38

Any ideas?
I have seen the Philips fidelio 9000 which gets rave reviews but I can't work out whether I can send CD music playing on my laptop through it too.

nocake Mon 19-Sep-11 17:03:48

It sounds like you need an iPod dock (I assume the iPad in the title is a typo?) with an aux input for a cable from your laptop. What's your budget? We have a Revo Domino which is very good but it includes DAB and/or internet radio and is quite pricey. I can also recommend the Pure Chronos, which is a radio alarm clock with iPod dock.

Lulworthblue Mon 19-Sep-11 21:10:40

I suppose about £300. We need it to have good sound quality as it has a big space to fill.

TashHag Tue 20-Sep-11 21:41:32

If you're looking at this model of the Fidelio, it does have an audio line-in, which you could connect your PC to, and (assuming your iPad isn't a typo) you can dock an iPad on it.

Lulworthblue Tue 20-Sep-11 22:41:30

Hi,
Yes it is that one I've seen. So I'd just need a cable? Aren't there some speakers I could send music too over bluetooth?

Ipad is right, not a typo.

TashHag Tue 20-Sep-11 23:16:42

The spec on thatone says it includes an audio cable
I have one of these which I use to send my music from iPad or iPhone to our main 5 speaker system, which is handy as it means my phone is next to me on the sofa, not halfway across the room.

By the way, if you have your music on your iPad, there's a really great app I've just downloaded called Planetary, which turns your music into a galaxy - artists are stars, albums are planets and each track is a moon orbiting the planet - and it's not just a visualisation, you can control your music with it; jump to an album by touching a planet in the galaxy and tap a moon to play a track - I love it!

TashHag Tue 20-Sep-11 23:24:32

Planetary

nocake Wed 21-Sep-11 12:39:12

The fidelio 9000 won't dock an iPad. It's too big. There aren't many speaker units with iPad docks. Have a look here for a few options.

Or just connect it via an aux input to any speaker/amp combination. How about a Fatman Wi-tube and a pair of speakers of your choice?

nocake Wed 21-Sep-11 12:41:35

Sorry, I've just seen the post on the second version of the Fidelio that does dock an iPad. Please ignore my ramblings grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now