Talk

Advanced search

iPhone 4 query - really struggling to hear people on the phone

(5 Posts)
Hassled Wed 14-Sep-11 21:58:37

And it's not me - other phones are fine. DH's iPhone is fine. Volume of ring etc is fine. I just can't find a way to make the volume of the voice at the other end of the line louder. Does anyone know?

blodyn83 Wed 14-Sep-11 22:03:46

Have you tried hitting the plus button on the side whilst talking to someone?

niceguy2 Wed 14-Sep-11 22:15:40

Check the above tip first. Also, have you used a screen protector? i remember when I misplaced mine slightly. It really affected the volume just by having a bit of the protector covering the hole.

Another thing to check and this is a bit yuk....is there any crap stuck to the meshy bit of the speaker? I had some what I can only assume to be earwax (oops) stuck to mine which again affected the volume. I just just used a small piece of plastic to scrape everything off and it was ok after that.

Hassled Wed 14-Sep-11 22:20:54

Well I have now you've suggested it grin. I think it did make a slight difference, but not enough of a difference. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Hassled Wed 14-Sep-11 22:25:06

Sorry niceguy - hadn't seen your post. No screen protector. Meshy bit looks fine (would you believe I thought "I need my torch app to see that properly - oh wait, that's not going to work" grin).

We have an Apple Store reasonably close - will bring it in to them.
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now