Talk

Advanced search

What should I replace my iphone with? Cheaper if possible

(10 Posts)
levantine Tue 06-Sep-11 09:08:33

I got it two years ago so am out of contract. I only use it for browsing ebay and mumsnet and would like to pay a bit less if possible - any ideas?

Sofabitch Tue 06-Sep-11 09:09:21

Don't replace your iPhone. Just get a sim only contract for your iPhone. Much cheaper.

Udderly Tue 06-Sep-11 09:21:35

Mine is dying a slow painful death. The mute button has gone and the power (?) button at the top doesn't work anymore so I can't lock it and keep randomly ringing people. I now use it like an itouch and use a nokia phone but really REALLY miss it. I could get a new one but it would require a 24 mth contract (IRL) which I can't afford. Watching with interest...

Ryoko Tue 06-Sep-11 12:42:52

Get a HTC, Android phones are a million times better anyway.

niceguy2 Tue 06-Sep-11 14:58:19

I agree with Sofabitch, assuming you have an iphone 3GS. If so, I'd be tempted to get a sim only for it like with Giffgaff and just enjoy the cost savings.

The 3GS is still a good phone. If you have a 3G then I'd upgrade. Something like a Desire S would be a good phone from a cost/performance point of view.

spinaltap Tue 06-Sep-11 15:17:15

The samsung galaxy s2 is a bit cheaper than an iphone and is really nice.

levantine Tue 06-Sep-11 16:00:36

Thank you this is all really helpful

How do I know if I have a 3GS as opposed to a 3G confused

niceguy2 Tue 06-Sep-11 16:24:26

Do you have a compass application on it? If so it's a 3GS. If not, it's a 3G.

levantine Tue 06-Sep-11 17:08:04

hmmm, no no compass application

I'll look into the Desire

Any other suggestions?

niceguy2 Tue 06-Sep-11 20:02:10

I'd say if you can afford it, the HTC Sensation & Samsung Galaxy S2 are the best android phones at the moment. If you want something a bit more wallet friendly and/or smaller and don't need the leading edge performance then the HTC Desire S is the best mid-range phone. At the cheaper end, well to be fair I'd stick with the iphone and get SIM only.

Hope that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now