Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I buy an iPad

(12 Posts)
nocake Sat 03-Sep-11 16:30:15

Please can you give me reasons why I should, or shouldn't, buy an iPad.

Thank you smile

VivaLeBeaver Sat 03-Sep-11 16:32:59

Yes.

You can MN in bed
You can downlaod movies from Itunes instantly and watch them either on the Ipad or get a ipad to TV cable and watch them on TV
Angry Birds
You can play board games such as Monopoly without having the hassle of setting up a physical game
Keeps kids entertained on journeys, waiting rooms, etc. Same for me.
You can pick your emails up while out and about.

Hassled Sat 03-Sep-11 16:35:05

Will be watching with interest. I want one SO much but I can't (yet) justify the expense. It doesn't do anything that my trusty laptop can't do, and in fact it can't do some of the things my laptop can do (the word processing function looks a bit crap, and I'd need a bluetooth keyboard - fingers are too fat for the iPad one).

But they're so lovely and sleek and pretty and touch-screen and Appley grin.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 03-Sep-11 16:35:06

Yes. Just that. Yes.

OvO Sat 03-Sep-11 16:35:38

Don't buy one if you have giant sausage-like fingers. grin

Otherwise definitely do. You can hide in small areas to escape small children. Laptops are too bulky for this.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 03-Sep-11 16:36:37

I hardly use my laptop anymore, it just seems to much effort to turn it on.

overthehillmum Sat 03-Sep-11 16:39:46

I got one last night for my birthday from my partner, love it love it love it, it's just dinky and easy to use, best present ever! And I didn't know I wanted one!

nocake Sun 04-Sep-11 16:07:41

I've ordered one and I'm blaming all of you grin
I've bought it from Tesco and there was a £10 voucher code. I then got a few quid cashback from TopCashBack, cashback on my credit card and clubcard vouchers.

strictlyclassroom Sun 04-Sep-11 20:16:21

Just got one the other day. Is fab. Other than the music glitch I just posted a separate question about in Geeky stuff (anyone able to help please come over!)

It's complementary to my laptop and better for 'leisure' stuff. I still prefer the laptop for writing anything more than a line or two but maybe I will get used to the keypad on the ipad or get a keyboard for it.

Definitely (a lot of...) money well spent.

NetworkGuy Mon 05-Sep-11 10:25:04

I have a new home for any old and unloved laptops !

NorksAreMessy Mon 05-Sep-11 10:29:49

The best thing I have ever owned ever ever ever.

a) iplayer in bed AND IN THE BATH! (propped up on cupboard at the tap end)
b) mumsnet everywhere
c) work emails sent to home so I know what to dread in advance
d) apps to entertain any passing child
e) free classic books, and kindle-alike for other books
f) list facility for when I am moithering about something int he middle of the night
g) tuneinradio...it is a RADIO.
h) alarm and calendar
etctectectetcetctet

ooooh, I LOVE it
I am NOT employed by Apple BTW,

Ryoko Tue 06-Sep-11 12:45:11

If you are asking others for reasons why you should or shouldn't get one, then it's pretty damn clear you shouldn't.

if you can't think of a reason why you need something you shouldn't waste money on it no matter how shiny it is. full stop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now