Talk

Advanced search

iPhone 3GS. Volume control stopped working. No sound in iPod mode.

(7 Posts)
HarrietJones Mon 29-Aug-11 15:44:08

dh let dd3 play with his phone. He now only gets sound through the docking station.
The volume control doesn't show up so not just a speaker problem.

check when you turn the sound up that it doesn't say (headphones) ringer (it always says ringer briefly on the screen when you turn it up.. if it does it poke some headphones in and remove again.. (stuff can get in the jack hole) just incase.

Just a thought as I have had that happen.. I'm assuming he has checked all the settings are normal..

Failing that I think I'd make an appointment at your nearest Apple store at the genius bar :/

HarrietJones Mon 29-Aug-11 18:35:35

You know the little lines underneath ringer? They aren't there.

Nearest genius bar is 3 hours each way so pretty much a last resort!

niceguy2 Mon 29-Aug-11 19:41:12

Thats very strange. It's like it's on mute but even if the mute button was broken, music usually still works. At least it does on my phone.

Couple of things to try. Firstly try to turn the phone off then on again. I don't mean to sleep. Ie. hold the power button until you see the red slider then slide it to power off.

Failing that, restore the phone from your last iTunes backup.

If neither of those things don't work then it's probably a hardware issue and you are looking at a trip to Apple.

HarrietJones Mon 29-Aug-11 20:34:04

Did the on/off thing earlier and didn't work.

But it seems to be working now. Dh thinks it was drool that's dried out hmm

niceguy2 Mon 29-Aug-11 21:39:41

grin The funny thing was, the drool idea did occur to me too!

HarrietJones Tue 30-Aug-11 07:29:04

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now