Talk

Advanced search

iPhone - where is info stored?

(5 Posts)
Catslikehats Fri 26-Aug-11 17:04:24

I lost my iphone last nigh sad but there is a chance I may get it back.

In the meantime I have had to cancel the sim with my service provider so want to know whether I have lost all my info anyway or whether texts/contacts etc are stored on the phone itself.

Thanks

niceguy2 Fri 26-Aug-11 18:22:32

You will be able to restore everything back from iTunes as of the last time you synched it and did a backup, even texts.

Catslikehats Sat 27-Aug-11 07:02:04

niceguy thanks but due to a glitch with my itunes which made my phone crash last time I synched I haven't synched for at least three months. Yes I am an idiot, yes I have berated myself thoroughly.

The other thing I am wondering is how much acess if any to my details the (unknown) person who has it can get? Is it the Sim or the phone that is pin locked protected?

If they put their own sim into the phone will they be able to access all the info stored on the phone e.g. texts/contacts/notes/photos etc. It is not that there is anything particularly private on there but since the phone has gone missing I have realised what a huuuuuuge amount of personal data, along with photos etc there is on the phone and it just makes me a little bit uncomfortable that a stranger could have access to it.

niceguy2 Sat 27-Aug-11 18:37:21

Ok, everything is stored on your phone. So if you get your phone back then make a backup straight away.

If you don't then you are screwed. Best case scenario is you get a new phone and can recover everything back to 3 months ago.

This won't help but in a few months time the new version of Apple IOS & Icloud will take away a lot of this hassle.

Your phone is pin locked. Swapping the SIM won't help them.

Catslikehats Sun 28-Aug-11 07:09:57

Thanks niceguy - it's a relief to know that it's the phone that is locked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now