Talk

Advanced search

Excel urgent help please?

(3 Posts)
RoseC Wed 24-Aug-11 13:32:26

I'm trying to sort out some data before we go away (6pm, haven't packed - argh!) and I'm tearing my hair out.

I need to count how many tickets were booked in advance AND are a certain type. I've tried all sorts but don't really understand Excel and it's returning values of 0 which I know to be false.

Data is in columns. Column B lists type (0 or 1 - I'm looking for 0) and C lists 1 for advance and 0 for walk-in. There are also two text boxes (weird conditions) in the middle of column B as they don't fit 1 or 0.

I don't have room for another column that I have to SUM I just want to write a formula to cover both columns and return the answer in one box. There are 145 rows in the spreadsheet. I need to do about nine of this type of calculation within this sheet alone (then I have 26 other months to do, hopefully as a C+P job).

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. My head's spinning (been trying for two hours to get this answer) so I'm going to run some errands and return with a clear mind in about an hour. Thank you!

CaptainNancy Wed 24-Aug-11 13:52:59

Would you be able to use the COUNT function?

littlelapin Wed 24-Aug-11 13:59:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now