Talk

Advanced search

best pay as you go deal

(5 Posts)
reallytired Wed 24-Aug-11 10:59:31

I want a phone with a good battery life. I hardly use my phone, but I need something for emergencies. I want a pay as you go with where the voucher doesn't expire after a month. My husband has a virgin media phone and my old phone was a nokia phone which I loved.

What do you think is the best phone for me?

usualsuspect Wed 24-Aug-11 11:04:16

I'm on O2 payg ,the top up doesn't expire after a month ,you just top up again when your credit runs out

niceguy2 Wed 24-Aug-11 12:09:30

If you just want a phone which makes/receives calls for emergencies and battery life is your priority then I'd suggest something like this:

Orange Nokia C1-01

The reason for recommending this one is that it's pretty small, so easily fit into a pocket/bag. Having just basic functionality means there's nothing else sucking battery life and it's cheap as chips.

Being on Orange means it will also be able to share T-Mobile masts so you maximise your coverage options.

So basically it will cost you a tenner for the phone, a tenner for credit and that will last forever until you've used it, so long as you make at least one call every six months.

Hope that helps

niceguy2 Wed 24-Aug-11 12:10:58

Oh forgot to mention I bought the above for my DS who was 9 at the time. Battery lasted days between charges. Easily 5 days. It even survived him being thrown into a pool whilst it was in his pocket.

In the end he lost it way before the credit ran out. Since it was only a tenner, I wasn't too fussed.

reallytired Wed 24-Aug-11 12:40:55

Thank you niceguy. It looks like the future is orange!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now