Talk

Advanced search

iPad problem - sometimes can't switch between pages on Safari?

(6 Posts)
MrsMeow Fri 19-Aug-11 17:42:22

I've had it for about 3 weeks and have noticed about 5 times so far that it won't let me switch pages when I'm on Safari, when I click on the pages symbol at the top of the page, it just doesn't do anything and the only way I can get it to work is to turn the iPad off then back on again.

Has anyone else had this? Any ideas why it happens and what I can do to stop it, please? I have googled but can't find anything.

It's an iPad 2 if that makes a difference? My husbands iPad has never had it happen, he has the first one.

Thanks smile

SoupDragon Fri 19-Aug-11 17:44:10

I have it occasionally and find that closing Safari, remembering to close it on the multitasking bit, and relaunching it clears it.

SoupDragon Fri 19-Aug-11 17:44:30

Mine is an ipad1

MrsMeow Fri 19-Aug-11 17:46:19

Thanks Soup. This might sound daft but how do you close Safari? I tried that when it happened just then, but nothing happens when I click on the pages tab, and if I press the home button then open safari using the icon, it just takes me back to where I was before!

SoupDragon Fri 19-Aug-11 19:37:15

If you double click the Home button it brings up a line of apps at the bottom of the screen. These are the ones that are open in the background (multitasking). touch and hold until they wobble and then delete safari (and any others you want). this shuts it properly.

This usually sorts out the freezing for me.

MrsMeow Fri 19-Aug-11 21:00:39

Ah I forgot about the task bar thing, thank you! I'll try that next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now