Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for Android tablet?

(4 Posts)
stillfrazzled Thu 18-Aug-11 10:50:30

Going back to work in a couple of months sad and will be doing some work on the train. I thought a tablet or netbook might be handy, to save me dragging my mahoosive work laptop everywhere plus I just fancy one.

Any recommendations? It's only for an hour or so a day, so I don't want to spend too much.

stillfrazzled Thu 18-Aug-11 21:29:18

Bumping for evening geeks grin

NetworkGuy Thu 18-Aug-11 22:35:22

Cannot recommend any from personal experience (been sorely tempted to go back into Carphone Warehouse for another play on one, and see what they have at Maplin and PC World, but unlikely this week).

> Newsnow < carries articles (was searching under the Technology (UK) topic, but can be searched at Technology level > here < to include non-UK news items).

niceguy2 Fri 19-Aug-11 09:42:04

The best Android tablet on the market at the moment is the Asus Transformer eee Pad

It's a tablet and with the keyboard, usable for real typing unless most tablets. It uses the latest Android tablet OS and is winning rave reviews everywhere. It's pricey though.

If that's not within your budget then I really wouldn't go for a cheap tablet. They really aren't usable for any form of work and being honest if you have visions of sitting on a train typing emails then forget it. Two minutes of tapping on a touch screen will have you screaming. Plus 3G is up & down all the time on a train.

Otherwise I'd suggest looking at a 2nd hand iPad from eBay. Cheap Android tablets are really not a good idea in my opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now