Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me a new phone that is good for texting...

(5 Posts)
mooseloose Wed 17-Aug-11 14:44:38

My contract expired and I am looking what I can have. I don't really ring, just text so I like a nice keypad, can't do tiny keys that makes the letters text wrong! Need wifi and decent camera too. ther than text i use it to goon facebook too. I have a Sony erickson elm now which ticks the boxes but is broken. Phone shop suggested it's a bit old, and look at H t c wildfire s. But the reviews on that saw small keys. Any advice or suggestions will be most appreciated! Thank you x

niceguy2 Wed 17-Aug-11 15:37:30

How about the HTC Cha Cha Cha

A proper keyboard. The screen is also touchscreen if you want to install other apps but you can use the keyboard for texting & posting facebook messages.

mooseloose Thu 18-Aug-11 18:35:40

This is nice thank you, but the reviews say the screen very very small. Anything else?

niceguy2 Fri 19-Aug-11 15:09:51

Well in that case your choices won't have a keyboard which makes texting a lot harder. Even Blackberry's have small screens.

You could look around and see if anyone is still doing the HTC Desire Z but that runs an old version of Android and isn't very popular.

If you are willing to forsake the keypad then you open your options up more to phones like the HTC Sensation, HTC Incredible or Samsung Galaxy S2.

Personally I don't like Blackberry's. Only teenagers and business folk who don't get a choice seem to use them nowadays.

mooseloose Fri 19-Aug-11 23:54:20

Thank you for replying again! The desire s seems to have good reviews. I agree the blackberries are very , too tiny! am going to town tomorrow to have a play in the phone shops I think, and then I will come home and ring them to see if they an do me anything better. Will report back...(typing on my iPad now!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now