Talk

Advanced search

keylogger software

(11 Posts)
destinyorfate Sun 14-Aug-11 16:52:47

Please, can someone tell me if it is possible to install this software on a p.c. that is password protected?

NetworkGuy Sun 14-Aug-11 17:16:33

do you already know the password?

destinyorfate Mon 15-Aug-11 06:52:31

Hi. No. I dont know the password and cant get access to the computer now.

BadgersPaws Mon 15-Aug-11 09:02:29

If you don't know the password and can't gain access to the machine then installing stuff becomes trickier, there are ways to do it, but they usually leave signs that they've been done (e.g. changing the password through a boot disk).

However there are hardware devices that plug in between the keyboard and the computer that can record keystrokes. An example for a USB keyboard is this: www.amazon.co.uk/LM-Technologies-Key-Safe-Logger-/dp/B001QWMDLK/ref=sr_1_1 (I am not recommending this at all, it's just an example of the sort of thing that's out there).

Most importantly though I'd ask you to seriously consider what you're doing and your reasons for doing so. This type of stuff is at best "dodgy" and iat worst illegal depending on the exact situation.

niceguy2 Mon 15-Aug-11 10:03:44

I agree with Badgers. There are of course ways but unless you own the computer they would be considered hacking and therefore illegal.

destinyorfate Mon 15-Aug-11 15:07:40

It is a 'family' p.c. but he has put a password on it so I cannot use it. I would not want him to know I have access to whatever it is he is trying to hide so I wondered about the spy software. It all sounds as if it would be too complicated for me sad

destinyorfate Mon 15-Aug-11 15:08:21

Thanks though, for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

BadgersPaws Mon 15-Aug-11 15:32:33

Being locked out of a "family" PC is a bigger problem than will be fixed by a key logger. If it's been done by a child then take the machine away, if it's by a partner then they should give access to it when requested.

NetworkGuy Tue 16-Aug-11 01:16:09

I suppose the thing now is to get advice on some keylogging software that can be installed either from an online source or a USB stick, ready for some future point when ccess to the PC is available. Clearly that might happen at some random point, so be prepared with the how/where info needed.

I've never tried any keylogger s/w so cannot help, but there have been past threads which should be findable via 'advanced search'

vigglewiggle Tue 16-Aug-11 02:23:00

I'm intrigued that he has put a password on a family PC which prevents you from using it shock. How can he justify this? What would he say if you simply asked for the password?

niceguy2 Tue 16-Aug-11 09:12:52

I agree with badgers. If it's your child who put the password on then take the computer away. If it's your partner then you have relationship problems which need addressing which go beyond a password on a computer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now