Talk

Advanced search

Is the Nintendo DS obsolete?

(9 Posts)
EuphemiaMcGonagall Wed 10-Aug-11 14:16:46

I have a DS and liked the Zelda games, however the latest one is only available for the 3DS.

I have a birthday coming up - should I treat myself to a 3DS?

Fifis25StottieCakes Wed 10-Aug-11 16:48:53

I have R4 cards for my dd's ds's. They have both broke them and want another for xmas. I asked them if they wanted a 3d one praying they didnt or an xl one but they only want a ds lite so they can still use their cards.

Teachermumof3 Wed 10-Aug-11 17:59:33

Read the reviews on Amazon-most people seem to reckon that they are rubbish and make your eyes go funny!!

niceguy2 Wed 10-Aug-11 23:36:38

I used one for 5 minutes at a Nintendo stand in a shopping centre. It gave me a headache in that time. If you move your head slightly from the optimal position all the 3D effects go to pot.

I'd avoid like the plague. There are better ways to give yourself a headache and funny eyesight than paying Nintendo £125 of your hard earned cash.

Ryoko Thu 11-Aug-11 18:03:27

Yes they are but there are hundreds of games you can buy on the thing, only buy a 3DS if there is enough games that interest you to warrant it, and you can turn down the intensity of the 3D.

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Thu 11-Aug-11 18:06:58

I saw a news article the other day on the 3ds causing migraines, and the recommended playing session on it being quite low - 30 mins I think.
We'll be avoiding it like the plague. Buy whichever one you get the games for most cheaply and easily.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Thu 11-Aug-11 18:12:35

I suffer from migraines already, so bugger that.

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Thu 11-Aug-11 18:43:01

Exactly what I thought!

Ryoko Sat 13-Aug-11 18:49:58

All 3D strains your eyes with prolonged viewing, the result is worse if you have less then 20/20 vision.

As stated the 3D effect on the 3DS can be turned down/off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now