Advanced search

Does this gadget exist? Adaptor for car cigarette point to ordinary plug?

(9 Posts)
paulapantsdown Wed 10-Aug-11 12:39:02

I have looked online, but can't find anything. I need to plug in my pump for airbeds at a festival this weekend (so no power points nearby), but I can park my car near where we are camping. Does such a gadget exist, and if so, where can I get one tomorrow? Too late for online shopping.

rushofbloodtothefeet Wed 10-Aug-11 12:42:48

Don't think so because the cigarette points don't have nearly as much power as a 250v plug outlet. However you can get pumps that are made for a cigarette plug, like this one

rushofbloodtothefeet Wed 10-Aug-11 12:43:31

Oops, just saw you can't do an online order. If you have a Maplins nearby they will probably have one

rushofbloodtothefeet Wed 10-Aug-11 12:44:30

In fact here you go

mranchovy Wed 10-Aug-11 13:03:44

Yes, it's called an invertor. You can get them in any Halfords, Maplins, Currys and probably DIY stores too - just check that it provides enough power for your pump (check the power rating in W).

paulapantsdown Wed 10-Aug-11 13:03:46

well look at that! thanks!

mranchovy Wed 10-Aug-11 13:06:35

And the one that rushofbloodtothefeet linked to is a high pressure/low volume pump for tyres, not a low pressure/high volume one for air beds.

rushofbloodtothefeet Wed 10-Aug-11 13:10:24

You got me there mranchovy, I just picked the first likely looking link in my effort to be helpful.

You learn something new everyday it seems.

paulapantsdown Wed 10-Aug-11 13:33:20{9372016/categories%3C{9372052}/categories%3C{9742017}/specificationsProductType=inverters&_requestid=39386}

is this the thing? - just reserved it to collect
cheaper than anything online
its an education this mumsnet innit!! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: