Talk

Advanced search

Am a smartphone virgin but have now got a shiny new HTC Desire S. What can I do with it?

(9 Posts)
edam Sat 06-Aug-11 15:51:54

Obviously I am mucking around with it myself (already played ds loads of horrible histories songs from Youtube and entertained ourselves with that thing that recognises what song you are singing) but I bet there are people on here who Know About Stuff that I haven't found yet. So tell me all about HTC Desires and what I can do, pretty please!

edam Sat 06-Aug-11 17:39:47

no geeks around?

DooinMeCleanin Sat 06-Aug-11 17:41:12

I know exactly what to do with it. Just pop it in the post to me and I'll sort it out for you, honest, Guv.

Danthe4th Sat 06-Aug-11 17:46:35

the navigation and google maps are a great sat nav if you dont already have one. shazam is fun,the kindle app, facebook and the flashlight are the ones i use most. Also the 3g watchdog app to see how much data I use.

edam Sat 06-Aug-11 19:33:16

(Sorry, was giving ds his tea and then playing with the phone...)

Dooin, would you also have several billion in Nigerian currency that just needs to rest in my bank account if I give you my sort code, account number and passwords, by any chance? grin

Danthe, yes, discovered the flashlight, which is fab!

(Dooin, I was spending £20 a month on PAYG for an old Sony Ericsson phone, so have signed up to a contract at £25 a month and get the phone for 'free' – or at least no upfront charge labelled 'handset'. However the contract is for two whole years. eek. Get yourself down to Carphone Warehouse.)

niceguy2 Sat 06-Aug-11 20:45:46

Obviously Angry birds. That goes without saying.

I like Pulse Newsreader which is a quick way to keep updated with most popular news sites.

Other notable apps include:

Groupon
Facebook
BBC Iplayer/ITV Player etc
Whatsapp (if you have other smartphone friends)
GOSMS Pro (or Handcent)
juiceDefender

edam Sat 06-Aug-11 22:18:45

yes, we've been having lots of fun with angry birds - which I remembered someone mentioning on here. Good idea re. Groupon - I joined up via my webmail but linking it to the phone might actually prompt me to use the darn offers.

Pulsenewsreader and the rest sound interesting, will go and investigate. Thanks!

zeus123 Sun 07-Aug-11 21:54:58

Dolphin browser.

NetworkGuy Thu 11-Aug-11 01:40:51

marking place (for when I get some Android device!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now