Talk

Advanced search

iphone - I need to allow some calls to come through on silent

(6 Posts)
uninspired Thu 04-Aug-11 23:40:17

I have googled but not come up with anything other than talk of jailbreaking but I don't actually know what that means.

So anyway, my new job involves night shifts on the rota, so what I would like to be able to do is put my phone on silent during the day so that I can sleep, but allow important numbers - eg the DCs school to ring so that I can deal with emergencies.

Anyone any ideas how to do it please?

jasper Thu 04-Aug-11 23:48:09

buy a 99p phone from carphone warehouse and use that number for the school

K999 Thu 04-Aug-11 23:50:03

Or you could give the important numbers a diffferent ring tone so they stand out and you know which calls to ignore and which ones to answer?

uninspired Sat 06-Aug-11 00:22:33

Thank you

k999 I have already done that but I'm worried about being woken by the phone ringing and not be able to ignore it because I'm so nosey

niceguy2 Sat 06-Aug-11 09:23:28

The iphone is a bit of a crap phone when it comes down to it. This feature was available in my Nokia a decade ago when I had meeting mode which only school & childminder number would ring.

Anyway, the way to do it is to choose a different ringtone for the important numbers you want. Basically anything other than the default.

Then install a silent ring tone and use that as the default when you wish not to be disturbed. Remember to also turn off vibrate too or that'll wake you as it buzzes.

More details here: link

uninspired Sat 06-Aug-11 12:40:55

niceguy2 that is perfect! Thank you so so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now