Talk

Advanced search

How do you get dvds onto your ipad?

(10 Posts)
FatStanley Tue 02-Aug-11 23:19:15

I've downloaded handbrake and VLC but I just cannot get handbrake to play ball. It chugs away scanning for ages then just dies. Is there any other good freeware or even reasonably priced software out there? I really want to get a few films on there before we go on holiday next week. Handbrake looked (and everyone online seems to say it is) like the perfect option but it is just NOT working for me (waaaah sad!)

FatStanley Wed 03-Aug-11 12:55:44

<shameless bump>

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 03-Aug-11 12:58:48

Are you on a Mac? I've used Handbrake for 10 years and it's been great. Sorry, that's not helpful! iSquint is another popular Mac app.

FatStanley Wed 03-Aug-11 13:38:57

No, I'm in the dark ages on windows I'm afraid. Any other suggestions or will isquint work with windows?

JeffTracy Thu 04-Aug-11 13:51:39

DVDShrink?

FatStanley Thu 04-Aug-11 18:30:49

Jeff - right, i've downloaded it, stuck in DVD and it says it is encrypted so I downloaded the decrypting prog they suggested (and its plug in) and it says 'this version does not support 64 bit - I tried both versions angry Blardy, blardy apple <screams> this just shouldn't be this hard! So any other suggestions?

JeffTracy Fri 05-Aug-11 09:50:29

Ah - 64bit! What version of 64bit Windows are you running DVDShrink on?

FatStanley Fri 05-Aug-11 13:11:11

No idea! I did however come up with a solution. I rang my friend's 14 yr old son (I should have thought earlier - IT problem, ask teenage boy) who pointed me in the direction of this website which worked perfectly!

JeffTracy Fri 05-Aug-11 13:56:04

Always good to have a happy ending at Mumsnet smile

mistressploppy Fri 05-Aug-11 13:57:29

<snigger>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now