Talk

Advanced search

Help...having keyboard issues; keys transposed and no pound sign. Driving me bonkers

(8 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Thu 28-Jul-11 15:40:05

I'm using my husband's EeePC and it appears that the keyboard is configured for American use. The @ and " are transposed, there is a # instead of the pound sign it says is there and some other keys are wonky as well.

I've checked the settings in the control panel and the language is set as English UK so not sure what's up.

I've been doing some classified listings today and my missing pound sign is driving me mad.....makes my listings look shitty with a # in its place. Is there anything I can do manually to get it how it should be?

thanks

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 28-Jul-11 15:43:02

There is an easy way to fix this - something like pressing "alt" and "shift" at the same time. Will Google for you. Think, though, that if you use the # key, you'll get a £ sign should you need one.

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 28-Jul-11 15:43:54

I think if you press the shift key and "alt" at the same time, it will fix itself.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 28-Jul-11 16:00:37

Have tried that and nothing changes

Pressing the key that's marked # gives me \

pressing alt and shift at the same time as the key I want produces nowt.

Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhh

discrete Thu 28-Jul-11 16:05:36

It's not the language that determines the keyboard - somewhere in the control panel there will be a way to change the keyboard to UK english.

What OS are you on?

PandaNot Thu 28-Jul-11 16:08:39

Is the language set as English UK on the keyboard input tab?

niceguy2 Thu 28-Jul-11 16:22:42

Assuming it's Windows XP.

Control Panel -> Regional & Language Options.

Click on Languages tab and choose "Details". Add English (United Kingdom). Change default input language to English UK and assuming DH doesn't mind....delete English US.

You may also want to check the Regional Options tab and ensure that Standards & Formats and Locations are also set to United Kingdom

LackaDAISYcal Thu 28-Jul-11 18:22:30

ooh, thanks for the replies

££££££££ wooohoooooo, thank you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now