Talk

Advanced search

iphone - which package?

(4 Posts)
Elk Thu 21-Jul-11 16:09:56

I am thinking about getting an iphone. I am not sure what I would use it for but have been looking at various packages.
I don't know how much data download I would need the packages seem to have 250 or 500mb or 1gb (hope I got that right).

I think I would use it for a phone and texting, perhaps emailing, photos and a diary/address book as well as any useful apps. I may use it for facebook and looking up addresses/directions.

niceguy2 Thu 21-Jul-11 17:57:32

I'd say 500MB would be the safest minimum if you've never had a smartphone before. Just make sure you don't stream Youtube and BBC iPlayer whilst you are on the go. Make sure you are using Wifi.

As for iPhone, I'd suggest if you can to wait a bit. Apple are rumoured to be bringing out a new phone in September.

Elk Thu 21-Jul-11 19:48:24

Thanks,
I am notoriously (sp?) undecisive about these things.

If you can use wifi for 'free' does it automatically seek out wifi , eg at starbucks or a friends house or would I have to tell it to use wifi?

niceguy2 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:20:53

The first time you want to connect, you will have to tell it. From thereon, it should remember. Just remember though in some places, wifi is chargeable. Other places like Mcdonalds and Roadchef, it's free. If you have wireless at home then your iphone should (once set up), automatically connect and this won't count towards your 3G usage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now