Talk

Advanced search

Something like a private blog?

(7 Posts)
confuseddotcodotuk Mon 18-Jul-11 21:31:31

I am looking for a way to have something very similar to a private blog on my laptop (as opposed to the internet) as I have to write about 'learning experiences' I have with my charges for my level 3 but want to tag different entries so that I can quickly and easily connect them, iyswim?

Is there a program that does this?

InTheNightKitchen Tue 19-Jul-11 09:39:29

Do you want to have a list of entries by date, like a diary?

If not, you could use a 'private wiki'. You can add as many pages as you like, link from any page to any other etc., and add tags or categories.

There are a few free personal wikis like this available.

niceguy2 Tue 19-Jul-11 11:31:15

Have you looked at Evernote? It's basically like a big notebook you can store notes in but it allows you to tag stuff then search by keywords.

It all syncs with the cloud too so your stuff is safely stored on the internet (but not public)

confuseddotcodotuk Tue 19-Jul-11 16:57:46

I like the private wiki idea, but would need the internet for that surely?

& I actually have Evernote already but only discovered the tags just after I posted this. Thanks for the suggestion though! I started uploading my diary entries to it this morning and have it on my android too smile

InTheNightKitchen Tue 19-Jul-11 19:16:12

No, there is software that is very similar to a wiki website but that runs on your computer only.

Sounds like you've found a solution though.

confuseddotcodotuk Tue 19-Jul-11 20:04:58

Oo, I still like the idea of a private wikia on my PC! I'll do a search for them, they'll be handy for my notes on certain subjects as opposed to just my diary entries smile

confuseddotcodotuk Tue 19-Jul-11 20:33:59

I'm googling it now but having trouble finding one that doesn't need internet access. Do you know of any? Tiddlywiki is the one I'v found so far that seems to be well suited for offline purposes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now