Talk

Advanced search

Need a simple drawing program for windows 7.

(9 Posts)
Cedise Wed 13-Jul-11 14:53:23

I am looking for a really simple program for drawing cartoons - black and white, stick-men style cartoons. Paint just isn't cutting it; the lines are too jagged and I just can't get a nice smooth line. I don't need anything with fancypants formatting or colours or shading, just something that will let me draw as if I'm using a marker on paper.

I'm very close to just drawing on paper and scanning it in...

Cedise Wed 13-Jul-11 14:55:27

btw forgot to add it needs to be freeware or shareware. DH will be breathing down my neck if I hit paypal again (and not in a good way!) grin

Cedise Wed 13-Jul-11 16:00:55

bump - anyone?

LadyLibra Wed 13-Jul-11 19:28:14

Well ,it won't be free,but what about photoshop? grin

My DS who loves all things like this, suggested it...

Or GIMP? free but not so easy to use apparently?

Or he said you could try a bit more with Paint as apparently it takes a while?

Good luck! smile

LadyLibra Wed 13-Jul-11 19:29:51

And then he suggested one of these:

www.google.com/search?q=wacom%20bamboo&um=1&hl=en&biw=1390&bih=704&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw

IvyAndGold Wed 13-Jul-11 19:31:22

try paint.net. it's free and gets very good reviews. i'm on photoshop, it is too bloody expensive, especially when they go and bring out a new version every year! sad

IvyAndGold Wed 13-Jul-11 19:32:28

yes, tablets are very useful for drawing/editing too, but if you're just using it to draw stickmen type images i think you'll be just fine without smile

Cedise Thu 14-Jul-11 11:27:11

I've got a Bamboo tablet, love love LOVE it! Photoshop's out of my league, sadly.

DD set me right. She pointed me at this which also has a download, I've played with it and it is fab - just what I was looking for.

Silly me. If you want something technical to do with computers, ask a child.

blush grin

vernier Mon 18-Jul-11 14:39:16

Not necessarily that simple, but still pretty good... gimp
Since I can't afford photoshop, that's what I use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now