Talk

Advanced search

Help, printer not behaving and desperately need to print stuff!

(5 Posts)

I bought two new ink cartridges as the ink was out. OK so I bought Sainsburys ones instead of branded printer ones, but I would have thought that Sainsburys ones, all brightly labelled as 100% compatible, would fucking WORK, and they don't. Is there something really obvious I am missing?

nannynick Mon 11-Jul-11 22:33:53

You haven't said what printer - manufacturer, model - or what operating system - or what the error you actually get is (and if that' an error on the printer, or in software, or both).

So all I can think of at this stage is that there may be some plastic covering blocking something. The cartridges may not be seated in the holder correctly.

Get an old cartridge and a new cartridge side by side... are they the same?

OK it's an Epson Stylus SX200 and the Sainsburys cartridges are (allegedly) compatible. I am not getting an error message, just no ink appearing on the paper.

nannynick Mon 11-Jul-11 23:27:46

Some interesting comments here about that printer.

You are not getting an error message, so does that mean you have changed all the inks and they are all compatibles?

Has any protective tape that was on the cartridges been removed... I don't know these particular cartridges but many inkjet cartridges have tape on which needs removal prior to inserting. Check the packaging/instructions.

I think I have made it behave now, by the 3rd principle of Impact Engineering ie take cartridge out and shake it a bit before putting back.
Of course now the bastard thing is demanding a different colour be refilled, so it can just wait till tomorrow grr grr.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now