Talk

Advanced search

At last a computer that actually works

(4 Posts)
jollydiane Mon 11-Jul-11 13:25:43

I had a falling out with my lap top. The lap top starting acting like a toddler, it started to stall for time when opening, (like a toddler dragging its feet), I would ask it to do simple tasks and it would show off and give me a blue screen to look at (the geeks call it the screen of death). I would ask it nicely if it would scan for any virus (it would but it would take hours to complete (a bit like a toddler eating vegetables). It would then completely ignore the virus, corrupt my files, lose my data.

I paid £££ Dell for a support contract to fix it for me (this was a bit like asking super nanny for help) only they did't help but offered to return by lap top to its factory settings. The was like asking me if I wanted a baby instead of the toddler that I have spent years teaching how to walk, and talk.

I now have a MAC. Life is better. My lap top has grown up. I love it. Perhaps Apple could go into parenting and design a software system that will have the same amazing impact on my life that my Mac has had on me.

So geeks I know MACs are expensive, but they have made me very jolly and happy. smile. If you can possibly afford it get a mac.

niceguy2 Mon 11-Jul-11 13:37:46

Yup. Totally agree. If you can afford it, mac's are now a seriously good option for many people.

I'm a geek so get used to all the hacking about but I must admit for people like my friends who just want to check their facebook, collect email and watch a few videos, it's hard to argue with the "It just works" factor which comes with Apple.

That and they look DAMN good.

jollydiane Mon 11-Jul-11 19:51:19

and so easy to use. I don't think I have ever bought anything (apart from chocolate) where I could get it out of the box and immediately enjoy it without having to buy a manual.

When I was researching I was surprised how emotional people are about Windows 7 and Macs. Must be a man thing. wink

Utterly agree... I 'went mac' over 4 years ago and have never looked back. I still remember the happy disbelief I felt when I plugged in my printer and it JUST WORKED...it didn't need to find and install anything...it just did it!

We have gradually replaced dying Windows with macs (one new two second hand) and will never go back! Enjoy your Mac smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now