Talk

Advanced search

Ooooh I have a gorgeous new ipad2. Can you find me a lush cover for it?

(14 Posts)
IfOnlyICouldFly Tue 05-Jul-11 18:49:48

I don't think much of the apple smart covers and the review are quite poor. Thanks in advance (I'm out for the evening and have to leave my new ibaby in the care of dh <sobs>) wink

kennythekangaroo Tue 05-Jul-11 18:53:15

We bought this one for ours and I have been pleased with it.

It's sturdy and works as a stand as well as a cover. It has a small magnetic closure that also sends the ipad to sleep.

kennythekangaroo Tue 05-Jul-11 18:53:56

I also bought the screen protector from poundland just to protect it from sticky DCs.

catinthehat2 Tue 05-Jul-11 18:55:33

crikey that is a terrifying colour

the design looks good though

is it really that remarkably 1970's in real life?

trixymalixy Tue 05-Jul-11 18:57:28

Watching with interest as DH is searching for a nice case to buy me for my birthday.

catinthehat2 Tue 05-Jul-11 19:00:04

phew brown for boring people like me grin I think black exists as well
good spot kangaroo

catinthehat2 Tue 05-Jul-11 19:02:37

her it is in black for £4.99 shock

noddyholder Tue 05-Jul-11 19:04:40

I have the pink one from apple and its great.Doubles as a stand

catinthehat2 Tue 05-Jul-11 19:06:57

though looking at the multiple 5* reviews written within days of each other by about 80 people with only one Amazon review each, I will probably give it a miss hmm

catinthehat2 Tue 05-Jul-11 19:07:56

<stops spamming IfOnly's thread and retires to watch other people's bright ideas instead>

TotallyUtterlyDesperate Tue 05-Jul-11 19:36:09

Yes, the reviews are a total con. I bought one of those covers based on the reviews and a few days later got an email asking me to write a good review. They promised a free gift in return! The cover is OK though. Not too happy with some of the stitching.

IfOnlyICouldFly Wed 06-Jul-11 06:01:46

Thanks everyone, I like the colour of that one but I do want to avoid something that makes it too bulky. The thing I didn't like about the smart cover was that it doesn't protect the back and the way it folds over means the soft bit which protects the screen and isn't wipe clean will be on my -- slightly-- grubby kitchen side blush
Any other ideas?

RustyBear Wed 06-Jul-11 21:26:28

You might look at this one - I've got a macally book stand for my ipad1 and I love it - the big advantage for me is that it doesn't put a leather border all round the screen - the iPad just clips in and it doesn't add a lot of bulk.

cheesebaby Sat 09-Jul-11 02:43:00

Just fold the smart cover the other way, so the colour is out grin - works great in every orientation except the near-vertical, which is just a little more solid colour-in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now