Talk

Advanced search

Invite to Google Plus

(22 Posts)
glitterkitty Mon 04-Jul-11 20:53:53

Anyone got one going spare?

V grateful (want to annoy ubergeek broyther by getting it before him)

Ta!

glitterkitty Mon 04-Jul-11 22:06:24

bummmp

mranchovy Tue 05-Jul-11 12:44:43

You don't need one - it is available to all (non-business) Google accounts.

mranchovy Tue 05-Jul-11 12:45:40

Oops, no it's not blush sorry.

Anyone got an invite grin?

glitterkitty Tue 05-Jul-11 15:10:50

<slaps mr anchovy with a kipper>

Piss off. If theres one going its MINE.

ChutesTooNarrow Tue 05-Jul-11 15:22:50

There is a slight loophole in that you can invite someone in by streaming a post to them. It seems a bit hit and miss, has worked for me every time but only for about half the times my partner has tried. So if you know anyone with it get them to stream a post and enter your email in the share box. If not PM me your email and I will give it a go for you. I can do it without remaining 'friends' with you!

niceguy2 Tue 05-Jul-11 15:26:36

They're full at the moment so are not taking any more invites, so even existing users cannot send anymore out.

It's a bit annoying really as I have like 3 people on it of which I probably want to really talk to one of them. So as it stands it's not much of a Facebook killer.

I hope they can ramp it up soon as there are some features like Circles which is really nice but if they delay too long, the fuss will die down and by the time they open up invites again, noone will care.

bilblio Fri 08-Jul-11 22:28:11

I've got invites if anyone want them still?

homeschooler Fri 08-Jul-11 22:42:28

I'd love one please if you have a spare. My email addy is emmakania@yahoo.co.uk

Am itching to see what it's like
Thanks

bilblio Fri 08-Jul-11 23:14:21

One on it's way smile
I thought I had 8+ invites... someone has just pointed out it says g+ blush

glitterkitty Sat 09-Jul-11 11:03:36

Thanks Chutes, it worked! Now I need to create a MN circle!

bilblio Sat 09-Jul-11 11:25:48

I created a MN circle too smile ... if anyone wants to add me I'm my username at gmail.com.... it's lonely when you've hardly any friends.... or hardly any geeky friends grin

nannynick Sun 10-Jul-11 16:20:12

I have invites - send me a PM.

Those already on Google+ I'm username at gmail.com

nannynick - I've sent you a PM, if you still have invites left?

Ta muchly..

Bizkit Thu 14-Jul-11 17:24:00

Im on google+, and have an amazing 2 friends!!
Until they start opening it up to everyone, its never gonna be a facebook killer is it.
If anyone wants an invite, I dont mind helping out

MsCellophane Thu 14-Jul-11 17:30:38

What's google plus?

Bizkit Thu 14-Jul-11 17:37:42

It's the new social network site from google...suppose to be the 'new facebook'

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 14-Jul-11 18:16:55

Thanks to a lovely mner I am now on Google+ too...

If anyone wants an invite pm me your email addy...

bilblio Thu 14-Jul-11 22:03:42

I'm finding it a really good way to weed out the people on FB that I'm not bothered about. smile Until they find me on there... although the way the circles works is more like how Twitter works. You can follow people, but they don't have to follow you back. Or by putting people into a "I don't want to hear your random witterings" circle I could just ignore them most of the time without worrying about them falling out with me for defriending them. grin

I've got unlimited invites still, just email me username at gmail dot com,

niceguy2 Fri 15-Jul-11 09:34:49

I've been adding a few friends too but I keep wondering....why would most people bother?

I mean if you've been a Facebook user for a while and let's face it most people have. Then you've built your circle of friends and uploaded a bucket load of photos etc.

So what's the incentive to change? To start over and do all your photos again? I can't think of a good enough reason. Circles is neat but i like many others already use the groups features in Facebook to filter out crap.

I'd like to think it will take off but can't help wondering if it's too little, too late.

Bizkit Fri 15-Jul-11 16:13:10

The circles is what seems to be its major selling point but, as said before its the same as groups or lists on fb isnt it?
I have a few lists on fb that certain people are in and sometimes when I update my status I pick and choose who sees it..same thing no?

bilblio Fri 15-Jul-11 18:36:53

It is, but it seems so much easier to use on google+. I use groups on FB too to only bore the farmtown people with game stuff but it's several clicks a couple of pop-ups (which don't always work), and then I'm never convinced I've done it right.

I think it's main selling point is going to be that it links in with all things google. I already use gmail, reader and calendar, so it should just be an extension of all of that eventually.

The downside I've found is it doesn't work with ie7, and that's all I have at work... although work would no doubt dispute that that is a problem. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now