Talk

Advanced search

Please help me fix my laptop

(3 Posts)
catski Thu 30-Jun-11 21:21:46

dont normally live in the uk but am here for the summer. My laptop has decided to stop working (it's a dell inspirion 1545). When I try to start it up it comes up with the message 'internal hard disk drive not found. To resolver this issue try to reseat the drive.

After a bit of googling I deduced that reseating the drive means taking the hdd out and putting it in again, which ive just done with the help of the manual, but to no avail.

This problem has happened before and my h's 'computer man' at his office fixed it (think he may have put a new drive in, it was only a few weeks ago), but unfortunately I'm not able to get the computer man to take a look at it as he's in another country.

Any ideas how I can fix it? Or why it keeps doing this (as I said the new drive is only a few weeks old)? Where can I take it in the uk (north east England) to get another 'computer man' to fix it?

Tia

countydurhamlass Thu 30-Jun-11 21:42:07

PC World shops have technicians that ma be able to help but it may be costly compared to your local guy

NetworkGuy Fri 01-Jul-11 17:07:44

worth asking locals (family, friends) about smaller computer shops that may be able to look at it... as those should be a bit cheaper than PC World at least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now